The financial crisis that started in has put the inherent challenges posed by global financial markets in a multilevel governance setting in sharp relief. It prominently raised the question why it apparently was not possible to develop a governance pattern better equipped to mitigate the worst effects of the crisis. In more formal terms: What explains the relationship between market structure and patterns of governance, so as to understand the dynamics of the global financial system? This thesis develops an innovative approach to address this issue.
It is argued that an integrated notion of states and markets can further our understanding of the global financial system. The case studies on the policymaking processes addressing international bank capital adequacy standards the Basel Capital Accords and sovereign debt crisis resolution provide the empirical backing for this argument. Overcoming the state-market dichotomy not only leads to better analysis, it also points to new and important avenues for reform.
Ladda ned. Spara som favorit.
- A Message From The Slave State;
- Jasper Blom - Citações do Google Acadêmico?
- Navigation menu.
- Covert Gestures: Crypto-Islamic Literature as Cultural Practice in Early Modern Spain.
- Getting Things Done.
Laddas ned direkt. Skickas inom vardagar.
- Acomodación. Presbicia y su manejo interdisciplinar (Compendio de Oftalmología) (Spanish Edition);
- Publications | Jasper Blom;
- Psyche and the Arts: Jungian Approaches to Music, Architecture, Literature, Painting and Film.
- Unlocking potential with the best learning and research solutions.
- Working Papers & Publications.
Early in the new millennium it appeared that a long period of financial crisis had come to an end, but the world now faces renewed and greater turmoil. This volume analyses the past three decades of global financial integration and governance and the recent collapse into crisis, offering a coherent and policy-relevant overview.
Related Global Financial Integration Thirty Years On
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved